Saturday 8 September 2012

Movie review- Raaz-3


Though the censor board does not clarify as to why a particular movie has been awarded an ‘A’ certificate, the reason is most often obvious. It is either too much of violence or sex, or both; or is utterly horrifying.  Raaz-3 must be the first horror movie to have got an ‘A’ certificate for too much sleaze, because horror is entirely missing from this third sequel of the original Raaz that did very well for itself about ten years ago. I have had the chance to watch all three in the Raaz series, and as has always been the case with the sequels in the film industry, Raaz-3 is easily the worst among them all, the first one being the best.  The Bhatt duo has run out of ideas and I really hope there is never a Raaz-4. And as if they knew the amount of real substance that they have managed to put into this one, they unabashedly exploited their nephew Emraan Hashmi’s ‘serial kisser’ image. The only plus point that I saw in the movie was Bipasha Basu. Kudos to her for having managed to look as beautiful as she did in Raaz-1. The less said about the other girl, Isha Gupta, the better. She has neither the looks; the oomph, nor the acting skills. I am still racking my brains as to how she could make her way into this severely competitive world of movies. The Bhatt family has never been reputed to be in the casting couch business. I won’t write the outline of the story here as I have been doing in my past reviews as some of the readers have complained that I end up telling too much. I’ll only say that there is a lot of stupid Mumbo-Jumbo (The worst part is a medical doctor being shown to believe in all this crap); the horror factor is practically non-existent (You’ll perhaps find better horror in one of the weekly horror serials on TV); the numbers are ok, I liked ‘Marhaba’, choreographed very well on Bips. The performances are ok. Bipasha has been the most impressive of all; Emraan has done best in what he is notorious of doing. Isha Gupta has been ‘ugh’. Watch this one only if you are a die-hard fan of either the Bhatts, or Emraan, or Bips.
My rating: 1.5 on 5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good review, worst movie.. I will never see such a movie, not even for bips.... now she is too much silicon...I wonder, what made you go and see this movie.

Lata